1. SAUDI ARABIA SAYS IF ATTACK LAUNCHED FROM IRAN, IT WOULD BE AN ACT OF WAR
If an investigation shows that last week’s attack on Saudi Arabian oil facilities was launched from Iranian territory, the kingdom would consider it an act of war.
Saudi Arabia’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir said Riyadh however, is currently seeking a peaceful resolution.
Jubeir told reporters earlier that Riyadh was awaiting the results of a probe, which it has invited international investigators to join, into the Sept. 14 strikes.
Saudi Arabia has called the strikes on Abqaiq and Khurais facilities as a test of global will to preserve international order, and will look to form a united front at the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week.
2. IRAN TO PRESENT PLAN FOR GULF SECURITY AT U.N. GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will present a plan for creating security in the Gulf in cooperation with other countries in the region when he attends the United Nations General Assembly in New York this week.
Rouhani was cited as saying on his official website, this year they will present a plan to the world at the United Nations that the Islamic Republic of Iran in cooperation with the countries of the region can create security for the Persian Gulf and the Oman sea with the help of the countries of the region.
He did not provide further details.
3. WHO: TANZANIA NOT SHARING INFORMATION ON EBOLA
The World Health Organisation in a rare public rebuke said Tanzania is refusing to provide detailed information on suspected Ebola cases.
WHO said in a statement released late on Saturday that it was made aware on Sept. 10 of the death of a patient in Dar es Salaam, and unofficially told the next day that the person tested positive for Ebola.
WHO said it was unofficially told that Tanzania had two other possible Ebola cases. One had tested negative and there was no information on the other one.